REMOTE FIRST! WORK FROM ANYWHERE!
Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a customer-facing Account Manager interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagines online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading Facebook Messenger & SMS marketing platform for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
About the role:
As an account manager at Octane AI, you will have a huge influence on the success of our top customers. You will be the person who helps each client develop and implement their strategy. You'll know the product inside and out and you will be a hands-on partner for each person and company you touch. As an Octane AI account manager, you are like an extension of your client’s team!
You can be located anywhere, but due to this particular role, working in EST or PST is preferred.
- Creating and nurturing relationships with our top clients while giving them all the tools they need to become as successful as possible using Octane AI
- Maintaining a deep understanding of Octane AI and having the ability to clearly articulate it's benefits
- Training our merchants & agencies on how to use Octane AI and showcasing it's value
- Helping our customers develop a sustainable and effective strategy using Octane AI
- Keeping a steady stream of contact with clients, whether new or established
- Maintaining and improving processes and best practices surrounding account management
- Implementing the recommended strategy, setting up Octane AI features and building campaigns for your clients
- You have 1-3 years experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in the ecommerce space
- You are familiar with Facebook Ads or have experience building campaigns
- You have copywriting skills (you'll be creating campaigns for our top customers!)
- You're wild about ecommerce and have a solid grasp on account management
- You know that communication is key and you have stellar interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of ecommerce email automation best practices
- Tracking performance growth comes naturally to you
- The idea of seeing improvement and growth within our clients genuinely excites you
- You love talking on the phone (you'll be doing a lot of it)
- Experience working remotely or a desire to work remotely
- Extra bonus if you have experience using Google Suite, Slack, Klaviyo, Salesforce, and have some knowledge of Facebook ads.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 10 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don't care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees and health benefits for select countries
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Paid-Paid Vacation - we pay YOU $1,000 to take your first week-long vacation each year!
- Professional Development allowance of $2,000!
- Annual home office allowance of $500 to start and $300 annually. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- $50 monthly wellness allowance
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
Working at Octane AI
- The happier we are, the stronger our team is. Being a remote company allows us to work with flexibility. Need to pick up a sick child from school, make that 4pm workout class or run a last-minute errand? Don’t worry, life happens, and we support you.
- Your ideas are welcome. We empower everyone to share their ideas because the best ideas come from everywhere. From our new employees to co-founders, everyone has valuable experiences that help influence our product and team.
- Asking questions is a sign of strength. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you feel stuck on a task or problem. Everyone needs a helping hand or fresh inspiration sometimes, and you’ll find that each one of your teammates is at your service.
- Bureaucracy doesn’t bog us down. We want you to feel empowered to talk to anyone on the team--anytime. We are all equally special and important people with tons to contribute, and living this is what gives us a competitive edge.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work-in-progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get our work into the hands of our customers and community as quickly as possible.
- Non-work banter makes our work better. We genuinely like each other, largely because we really get to know each other. Real connections breed deeper trust and support. So go ahead, share about your weekend, spark that impromptu trivia game, and go wild trying a fast parrot emoji-inspired dance in the all-hands meeting. You being you makes us, us.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.