Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a Front-end Developer interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
The successful candidate will work closely with our engineering, and our product team, using their web development skills to develop effective user interfaces for Octane AI’s front-end experience. They will be tasked with creating innovative solutions for our integrated plugins and features to help make our website more visually appealing and enhance usability & accessibility for our customers' sites. This person is a critical member of the team, impacting our customers and revenue when continually improving user experience.
Octane AI is developing conversational technologies that reimagine online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. We provide a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Our current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
How you will contribute
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to develop and improve user interfaces.
- Ensure web accessibility is a top priority. Understand the premises of the standards needed to follow all the way to designing the needed features and functionalities.
- Design and implement user interface components to help transform our roadmap and ideas into usable products and features on the Octane AI platform. You will have the power to guide the user experience of the company and the (many) features we build.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application code.
- Develop and implement front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Meet with the design & development teams to discuss user interface ideas and applications - reviewing application requirements and interface designs within Octane AI’s platform.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance, documenting any application changes and developing updates.
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment. Be flexible enough to take on any task.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a front-end (React.js) Developer. The ideal candidate is a top-tier developer who is comfortable in a startup environment, learning on-the-fly, and thriving on change and new challenges.
- Knowledge of React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux.
- Nice to have: Python.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks.
- Excellent troubleshooting & task management skills.
- Please provide code samples or links to repositories with your code, along with an explanation of your programming philosophy. The more we can understand the way you think about code, the better. It's not an issue if you can't share a piece of code because of an NDA or something else.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 10 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don't care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees and health benefits for select countries
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Paid-Paid Vacation - we pay YOU to take a vacation!
- Professional Development allowance
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
Working at Octane AI
- The happier we are, the stronger our team is. Being a remote company allows us to work with flexibility. Need to pick up a sick child from school, make that 4pm workout class or run a last-minute errand? Don’t worry, life happens, and we support you.
- Your ideas are welcome. We empower everyone to share their ideas because the best ideas come from everywhere. From our new employees to co-founders, everyone has valuable experiences that help influence our product and team.
- Asking questions is a sign of strength. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you feel stuck on a task or problem. Everyone needs a helping hand or fresh inspiration sometimes, and you’ll find that each one of your teammates is at your service.
- Bureaucracy doesn’t bog us down. We want you to feel empowered to talk to anyone on the team--anytime. We are all equally special and important people with tons to contribute, and living this is what gives us a competitive edge.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work-in-progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get our work into the hands of our customers and community as quickly as possible.
- Non-work banter makes our work better. We genuinely like each other, largely because we really get to know each other. Real connections breed deeper trust and support. So go ahead, share about your weekend, spark that impromptu trivia game, and go wild trying a fast parrot emoji-inspired dance in the all-hands meeting. You being you makes us, us.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.