Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a customer-facing Account Manager interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagine online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI's current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
As an Account Manager at Octane AI, you will have a huge influence on the success of our top customers. You will be the person who helps each client develop and implement their strategy. You'll know the product inside and out and you will be a hands-on partner for each person and company you touch. As an Octane AI account manager, you are like an extension of your client’s team!
You can be located anywhere, but due to this particular role, working in PST is preferred.
- Creating and nurturing relationships with our top clients while giving them all the tools they need to become as successful as possible using Octane AI
- Maintaining a deep understanding of Octane AI and having the ability to clearly articulate it's benefits
- Training our merchants & agencies on how to use Octane AI and showcasing it's value
- Helping our customers develop a sustainable and effective strategy using Octane AI
- Keeping a steady stream of contact with clients, whether new or established
- Maintaining and improving processes and best practices surrounding account management
- Implementing the recommended strategy, setting up Octane AI features and building campaigns for your clients
- You have 1-3 years experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in the ecommerce space
- You are familiar with email marketing, SMS marketing, Facebook Ads and have experience building campaigns for one or all of these
- You have copywriting skills (you'll be creating campaigns for our top customers!)
- You're wild about ecommerce and have a solid grasp on account management
- You know that communication is key and you have stellar interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of ecommerce email automation best practices
- Tracking performance growth comes naturally to you
- The idea of seeing improvement and growth within our clients genuinely excites you
- You love talking on the phone (you'll be doing a lot of it)
- Experience working remotely or a desire to work remotely
- Extra bonus if you have experience using Google Suite, Monday, Slack, Klaviyo, Salesforce, and have some knowledge of Facebook ads
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 10 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don't care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees and health benefits for select countries
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Paid-Paid Vacation - we pay YOU $1,000 to take your first week-long vacation each year!
- Professional Development allowance of $2,000!
- Fitness and annual home office allowance of $300. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
Working at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we'd prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don't be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called "fast parrot". Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It's a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of our customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don't hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.