Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a Full Stack Engineer interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
You will work directly with our Engineering and our Product team, to help build Octane AI's back-end technology and front-end experience. You will be in charge of building and implementing new plugins and features. You will be a critical member of the team, impacting our customers and revenue with the features you develop.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagine online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI's current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
How you will contribute:
- Work with the product team and engineering teammates to develop and implement new features and plugins for Octane AI. A well-rounded & diversified engineer is ideal for this role. If you love working with frontend mostly, that's also fine as long as you are able to change backend whenever needed.
- Transform our roadmap and your ideas into scalable products and features. You will have the power to guide the direction of the company and the (many) features we build.
- Implement new integrations within Octane AI. You will be working with the Facebook API and the APIs of products and services that we will be integrating into our bots and the Octane AI platform. You should be adept at learning new APIs.
- Help develop and improve Octane AI's architecture.
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment. Be flexible enough to take on any task.
- 5+ years of frontend and backend-back development work. The ideal candidate is a top-tier developer who is comfortable in a startup environment -- AKA putting out fires, learning on-the-fly, and thrives on change and new challenges.
- Important: Experience working with the Facebook API, Redis, AWS DDB.
- Nice to have: ES6/ES7, SASS, React-bootstrap, Redux, Functional programming experience
- Please provide code samples or links to repositories with your code, along with an explanation of your programming philosophy. The more we can understand the way you think about code, the better. It's not an issue if you can't share a piece of code because of an NDA or something else.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 10 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don't care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees and health benefits for select countries
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Paid-Paid Vacation - we pay YOU to take a vacation!
- Professional Development allowance
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
Working at Octane AI
- The happier we are, the stronger our team is. Being a remote company allows us to work with flexibility. Need to pick up a sick child from school, make that 4pm workout class or run a last-minute errand? Don’t worry, life happens, and we support you.
- Your ideas are welcome. We empower everyone to share their ideas because the best ideas come from everywhere. From our new employees to co-founders, everyone has valuable experiences that help influence our product and team.
- Asking questions is a sign of strength. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you feel stuck on a task or problem. Everyone needs a helping hand or fresh inspiration sometimes, and you’ll find that each one of your teammates is at your service.
- Bureaucracy doesn’t bog us down. We want you to feel empowered to talk to anyone on the team--anytime. We are all equally special and important people with tons to contribute, and living this is what gives us a competitive edge.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work-in-progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get our work into the hands of our customers and community as quickly as possible.
- Non-work banter makes our work better. We genuinely like each other, largely because we really get to know each other. Real connections breed deeper trust and support. So go ahead, share about your weekend, spark that impromptu trivia game, and go wild trying a fast parrot emoji-inspired dance in the all-hands meeting. You being you makes us, us.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.