Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a Visual Designer Interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagine online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
Ecommerce is exploding and so are we! Octane AI is seeking a fast-moving, digitally-savvy visual designer to join our growing design team. You will report to the Lead Designer and will focus your broad-ranging skills and energy on supporting our expanding marketing initiatives. This is a new and critical role that will be responsible for a wide variety of projects, including driving a cohesive brand experience across website pages, content, ads, video, social media, email, presentations, events, swag, and more! Many of our ideas are pretty wacky, and while they may not all work, we always want to be proud of the quality and continue to elevate and differentiate our brand in the eyes of our target audience of ecommerce marketers and entrepreneurs. You should be excited about getting your hands dirty on a little bit of everything as we experiment with what propels our high-growth business to the next level. Plus, of course, you are an awesome human!
- Develop and execute brand and marketing materials across a wide range of projects.
- Be a brand advocate, help articulate and define the brand guidelines, and help evangelize across the company the power of cohesive and differentiated design.
- Be the hands-on doer to create and execute gorgeous designs that impact business metrics, but also know when and how to seek support if needed, evaluating and making recommendations about agencies, tools, and contractors to help us work smarter and scale even faster.
- Stay curious, keep current on, and be the internal champion for trends, best practices, new tools, and innovation in your space.
- Be ready to throw on other hats to help take advantage of new opportunities that arise - we are a small but growing team that works collaboratively to make sure all good ideas can see the light of day.
This could be a good fit if you:
- Have at least 6 years of hands-on experience delivering designs that move hearts, minds and business metrics across a wide range of channels.
- Can share an online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and impeccable craft across a variety of projects.
- Are proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Sketch, After Effects).
- Have strong typography skills.
- Are excited to help us do much more with video - and it’s a major plus if video and motion graphics are already a part of your design vocabulary.
- Have some experience in illustration, motion design, and photography - it’s like the cherry on top.
- Pay incredible attention to detail.
- Can combine your design prowess with a low ego, and are always open to feedback and direction.
- Are adept at balancing the sometimes-opposing forces of time and creativity to deliver high-quality work at a rapid pace.
- Would be bored in an environment that was anything but blazing fast.
- Are not afraid to think outside of the box to move the needle.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously, and love to have fun while working hard.
- Bonus points for experience in ecommerce and the Shopify ecosystem.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Portland, Barcelona, and more.
- Excellent health benefits (in US and select countries): health, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid holidays, and sick leave.
- Stock options.
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place. :)
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully talented people.
More about working at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we'd prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don't be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called "fast parrot". Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It's a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of our customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don't hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.