Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking an Inbound Business Development Representative interested in building the future of ecommerce!
You’ll be on the front lines and the first point of contact in the sales cycle. You’ll play a huge role in shaping the direction of Octane’s inbound sales process and provide valuable feedback to all departments. You’ll have the opportunity to move up fast and have an impact on the direction of the company.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagine online commerce. Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
How you will contribute:
- Develop new business opportunities and leads for the sales team by partnering with Account Executives to execute effective prospecting and qualification strategies
- Create new pipeline by qualifying inbound leads and passing over opportunities to Account Executives
- Create pipeline through cold calls, scheduled calls, emails, videos, and social selling
- Continuously develop, test, and iterate messaging
- Provide valuable feedback to the sales team and other departments
- Schedule demos with prospects and Account Executives
- Achieve daily, monthly, and quarterly activity requirements
- Accurately track interactions and information in Salesforce
- Consistently exceed monthly and annual quota.
- 0-2 years experience in sales or account/business development
- A self starter, highly motivated, eager to learn, and always hit your numbers
- A proven track record of sales success at tech companies, large or small
- A true passion for ecommerce SaaS and a good working knowledge of the industry
- Experience working with sales tools including Salesforce, Salesloft, and others
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Portland, Barcelona, and more.
- Excellent health benefits (in US and select countries): health, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid holidays, and sick leave.
- Stock options.
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place. :)
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully talented people.
Working at Octane AI
- The happier we are, the stronger our team is. Being a remote company allows us to work with flexibility. Need to pick up a sick child from school, make that 4pm workout class or run a last-minute errand? Don’t worry, life happens, and we support you.
- Your ideas are welcome. We empower everyone to share their ideas because the best ideas come from everywhere. From our new employees to co-founders, everyone has valuable experiences that help influence our product and team.
- Asking questions is a sign of strength. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you feel stuck on a task or problem. Everyone needs a helping hand or fresh inspiration sometimes, and you’ll find that each one of your teammates is at your service.
- Bureaucracy doesn’t bog us down. We want you to feel empowered to talk to anyone on the team--anytime. We are all equally special and important people with tons to contribute, and living this is what gives us a competitive edge.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work-in-progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get our work into the hands of our customers and community as quickly as possible.
- Non-work banter makes our work better. We genuinely like each other, largely because we really get to know each other. Real connections breed deeper trust and support. So go ahead, share about your weekend, spark that impromptu trivia game, and go wild trying a fast parrot emoji-inspired dance in the all-hands meeting. You being you makes us, us.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.