Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a Vice President of Engineering interested in building the future of ecommerce!
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagine online commerce. Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
About The Role
As the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for nurturing the software development teams to grow and scale our products. In addition to working closely with the VP of Product, you will work closely with the co-founder & CTO on building the technical vision and will serve as a transformational technical and people motivator on scale, quality, and automation, and building and supporting a world class technical team. This role will report to Octane AI’s CEO.
How you will make an impact:
- You will grow an engineering team of engineers and technical leaders through hands-on recruiting, training, and mentoring, while providing an inclusive and nurturing environment.
- You will lead the software engineering teams managing, building and scaling the ecom platform and will focus on driving scalability, stability, and reliability.
- You have the ability to easily switch between weighing in on complex engineering details, taking a long term view of the business, growing and developing the next generation of leadership, and overall operating as a large-scale organization leader. It requires an ability to prioritize work for the direct team and partner teams, establish goals, and focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- You will work with the VP of Product and Co-founder & CTO to set a roadmap and deliver short term and long term wins that support Octane AI’s success
- You will collaborate with the Octane AI Product and Design teams to build solutions that meet our customers needs. You will work with our VP Product to help set processes for the teams to work together that allow everyone to work effectively.
- You will inspire the organization to think differently and innovate. You will provide thought leadership and collaborate with colleagues to develop Octane AI’s e-commerce platform as best in class.
- Experience scaling engineering teams and infrastructure at a fast-growing startup
- 10+ years of combined engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy creating an experience that customers love
- Passionate self-starter, able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Ability and willingness to drive the day to day operations of an engineering organization
- An awesome human who loves nurturing a team!
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 12 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don't care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully talented people
More about working at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we'd prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don't be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called "fast parrot". Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It's a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of our customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don't hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.