In this role you will be responsible for identifying and classifying individual American mortgage documents and creating processes for American mortgage document classification. You will be responsible for learning how to use Ocrolus systems to process classification and data extraction tasks. You will work closely with the New York Operations team to add new document types to the classification process, setup and make changes to data capture profiles, and communicate any and all changes to the rest of your team effectively.
Ocrolus helps financial services companies make high quality credit and fraud decisions by providing access to trusted data with unparalleled efficiency. Our “Detect” product line identifies signals of suspicious activity in documents and data and is used by lenders to avoid potential fraud. We are seeking an experienced Senior Fraud Analyst to inform the development of our product, review examples of potentially tampered documents to spot trends, and work to onboard prospects and clients onto a rapidly advancing capability.
- Analyze documents and data from clients to determine instances of potential tampering or misrepresentation
- Categorize suspicious edits and fraud behavior to identify patterns, trends, and categories
- Provide feedback to product, engineering, design, and machine learning teams to improve Ocrolus products and their positioning in the market
- Attend client calls, gather feedback, and articulate how Ocrolus suspicious activity capabilities can fit into client workflows
- Work with implementation and client service teams to onboard clients to new Ocrolus capabilities
- Experience working in fraud and/or identity verification in financial services (banking, fintech, insurance, etc.)
- Understands and can explain common fraud vectors, methods, and patterns
- Experience conducting verification reviews involving documents and data for consumer and business borrowers
- Familiarity with exception and review processes used at financial institutions to review discrepancies and flag potential fraud cases
- Excellent communication skills, in both written documentation and live meetings
- Ability to produce clear, detailed, and accurate documentation of information and processes
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team, moving quickly under tight timelines and working collaboratively to solve problems
- Extra points for experience in the documents used for underwriting of small business loans and residential mortgages (e.g. bank statements, paystubs, tax documents)