We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Backend Engineer with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and help architect and build the next generation of our backend applications.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Microservices using Java.
- Designing and developing cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices.
- Build systems, services, and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions.
- Build and scale our fast-growing online services and data pipelines.
- Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability, and automation.
- Supporting testing process, troubleshooting issues and resolving them.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expert in Java and experience in building complex service applications in Java, and solid understanding of the JVM.
- Solid database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc).
- Experience with Spring Framework and related ecosystem.
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling for our next generation platform.
- Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end.
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing.
- Familiarity with containerisation, microservices architecture, continuous integration and deployment.