Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Planning team within the Engineering Supply Chain department in Platform Implementation has the primary focus of planning the delivery of UK and international CFCs, including budgets, supply chain plans, resourcing and build sequencing. Additionally, this team supports the management team with wider combined projects, strategic and departmental planning across ESC.
We are now looking for an Engineering Planner to join the team, to take responsibility for developing and communicating project and programme plans, ensuring that multiple projects are planned and structured to complete on time, in a safe manager, within agreed budgets. This position is integral in ensuring consistency of approach to achieve global scaling, maintaining process quality and managing project forecasts.
This role is based at our Head Office in Hatfield, but travel within the UK/internationally may be required. We're also happy to talk flexible working with you.
What will you be doing?….
- Creating and maintaining tools to aid the planning of current and future projects
- Creating, maintaining, reviewing and administering realisation and implementation schedules and plans
- Keeping the project team up to date on progress to present to the stakeholders
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
- Managing multiple projects and programmes, maintaining strategic (combined) plans & forecasts for projects (including timings, resource, budget and product supply)
- Presenting planning information for project or departmental meetings
- Working closely with engineering supply chain to create schedules and help manage deliveries to site
- Working to and following all CDM guidance, both external and internal
- Creating and ensuring ongoing revision of models used to create generic plans for timings, costs, resource, supply chain etc
- A STEM subject degree OR practical planning experience in a previous role
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills (able to present in a variety of formats and styles)
- The ability to multitask and manage and prioritise a complex diary
- A balanced and considered approach to problem-solving
- Highly IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and relevant knowledge of Planning software including MS Project
- Appreciation and aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Ability to work in a safe manner at all times and appreciate the implications/requirements of relevant product safety and compliance
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…