Who are we?
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model, and the future looks bright. Not only are we growing fast, we are also developing new technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites across the UK and engaging in new partnerships both in the UK and abroad.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company at the forefront of its industry and work with a team of smart, skilled, passionate and friendly people.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join the Analytics & Optimisation team reporting into our Supply Chain Analytics Lead.
You will ideally be a seasoned Senior Analyst, Analytics Manager or someone with experience in a similar role, preferably having worked for a large retailer. You will have exceptional analytical skills and an aptitude for practical problem solving. You will be able to navigate complex problems, develop and lead insightful analysis, and understand the impact your proposed solutions will have on the business. Our ideal candidate will be confident in explaining complex problems to non-technical business leaders and be able to drive through solutions to their completion. Ideally you will have had some exposure to logistics, sales forecasting and product management, among other areas relevant for operating a retail business at scale. We would also consider applicants from a consultancy background or with experience in other industries, where they can demonstrate strong analytical ability and relevant business competencies.
What Can We Offer You?
First and foremost, we can offer you an exciting and varied job in a motivated team within a fast paced and rapidly growing company. We have short reporting lines and low corporate overhead, which means your responsibilities will grow quickly as you prove yourself. This can be expected to include presenting to and engaging with senior management directly, including those at director level or above. Your analysis, insight and leadership will have a direct impact on the way Ocado operates and a measurable effect on the bottom line.
- Manage a team of Supply Chain Analysts as they develop and drive new insight into Supply Chain’s performance through data analysis and its interpretation
- Monitor, analyse and report on the effectiveness of the Ocado operation, providing insights to drive better performance
- Mentor and develop the team, develop and challenge strategic direction, manage the team workload and build and improve stakeholder relationships
- Undertake analysis into a wide variety of critical business projects, such as the design and launch of new warehouses (CFCs), creation of algorithms for our industry leading software, and development and rollout of our new Ocado Smart Platform to our partners in the UK
- Present results and recommendations to senior management, as well as providing visibility of the team’s progress and priorities.
You will work closely with your team as well as having key stakeholders across Ocado Group, Ocado Retail and Morrisons Online, including:
- Director of Operational Excellence
- Director of Supply Chain
- Head of Analytics & Optimisation
- Product owners in Supply Chain Systems and Range Management Systems
- Data Science
- Operational Management
What Can You Offer Us?
- Exceptional analytical abilities and clarity of thought
- Attention to detail but also vision, initiative and creativity
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Significant data analysis abilities
- Experience with SQL, VBA and BI tools, or other relevant alternatives
- Relevant business experience within an analytical environment
- Great communication skills
- Drive to deliver results
- Strong organisational skills resulting in effective delivery
We’re in it together; we are proud of what we do; we can be even better.
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our collective success.