In Australia, Ocado has an exclusive relationship with Coles Australia to modernise and streamline the way they operate their successful supermarket and distribution business with the implementation of our OSP system in Melbourne. Ocado's unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform Coles in nation first technology that is enjoyed by consumers around the world.
Come join us as we build our new OSP site for Coles in Melbourne, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most competitive consumer markets globally.
This opportunity as a Controls Engineer with Ocado Group will be critical for the ongoing successful operation of our CFC (Customer Fulfillment Centre), with responsibility of leading planned and reactive engineering activities across the centre as needed.
You will be the front line of support to the Automation Control team that ensures that we address any operational issues quickly with direct action or “work arounds”, managing PLC Code issues, operational systems investigations and continuous improvement initiatives for the successful delivery of services to our partner Coles.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Management and scheduling of engineering/reliability and maintenance activities across the centre.
- Critical thinking and decision making with ability to resolve complex problems whilst understanding the greater impact to the business
- Interface with both management and platform leads to guide and negotiate engineering outcomes to improve performance
- Control communication with technical staff, and various stakeholders to deliver well planned, effective engineering solutions to the CFC.
- Ensure all engineering work in compliance with standards in regulations, and safety (ISO, etc).
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, in either a Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or related field
- A proven track record in managing large scale engineering projects and maintenance in a fast paced FMCG or related environment
- Expert knowledge on PLC, SCADA and codes and practices, with a drive to innovate and solve problems
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a history of delivering technical concepts and ideas to all levels of business including internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly analytical mindset with an eye for detail to “think quick” under pressure to minimise downtime.
What's on offer with Ocado
The opportunity Ocado can provide will be an Australian first, our partnership with Coles will have you hands on delivering world class technology and solutions unseen in the Australian market with the latest in AI/Robotics and the use of data to change the way Australians shop with a premium Australian brand - Coles Supermarkets.
As well as:
- Competitive Salary packaging
- Ongoing training, and development initiatives
- Career Development as Ocado expands with plans for Australia and Asia Pacific
- Stability of a global organisation in a robust and innovative market sector
- Salary packaging options with Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program and future share programs
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.