Within Ocado Group sits Ocado Logistics, the team that makes sure our customers receive their orders on time and in full. Ocado Logistics spans the life cycle of a customer order, from our Supply Chain Team who order the product into our Fulfilment Centres, to the Planning Team who make sure we have the right people, trucks and vans in the right place at the right time, to our Warehouse and Transport staff who process every single order and make sure that it gets to our customers when they expect it.
The Live Sites Team works across all of these areas to develop & deliver small & large scale complex projects and we are looking for a Project Controller to join the team.
As a Project Controller you will be providing support to a team of Business Project Managers and Senior management and will work across the portfolio of Infrastructure and Network development projects. The Project Controller role sits at the heart of the team and will function as a central point of contact for Ocado Group stakeholders and Retail partners.
This position is based at Head Office in Hatfield but may require occasional travel to our network around the country as necessary. It requires strong organisational, communication and stakeholder management skills and affords the opportunity to develop genuine project management capability in a pioneering and innovative environment while building relationships at all levels and across all business areas.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the Live Sites Team in all areas of multiple project lifecycles with a focus on our Project Portfolio Management application (Planisware), liaising with the PMO to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
- Embedding new processes into the application as it is rolled out and implemented. You will optimise the tool to get the best out of it.
- Planisware will become your primary toolkit.
- Creating and managing project dashboards
- Developing and monitoring project schedules providing updates to the Senior Management and the wider team when required
- Capturing and Identifying programme risks and assessing the potential impacts to the critical path
- Working with other departments and client organisations to identify, manage and maintain opportunities within the project
- Participating in ongoing project / programme management / budget meetings and workshops and being one of the central points of contact for streams and stakeholders
- Resolving issues and queries, producing reports and keeping track of actions, risks and issues for the project
You will need to have the ...
- Project management experience (ideally in a similar or transferable industry)
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders at all levels (both internally and externally)
- Ability to prioritise and respond to change
- Experience of delivering projects to targets and driving tasks to completion
- Stakeholder engagement experience, with the ability to persuade and influence
- Highly organised approach with great attention to detail
- Experience with MS Excel, Google Sheets and ideally MS Project
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…