Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Business Development & Portfolio planning team sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions department of Platform Implementation, this team mostly responsible for supporting the Ocado Solutions commercial team in creating new international retail partnerships. We're now looking for a Concept Implementation Manger to join a newly-formed sub-team, that is responsible for developing new concepts, products and technology solutions that meet the commercial aspirations of our clients. As we are continually striving to 'change the way the world shops', this role and team is vital in ensuring our solution and product offering is ever-evolving, innovative and market-leading, making it a very exciting area of the business to be a part of!
The Concept Implementation Manager position takes accountability for supporting the development of new client requirements, assessing these requirements to ensure technical viability, defining implementation timelines alongside internal project teams and supporting with the creation of compelling presentation materials to enable the wider Business Development team to explain new concepts and their attributes/benefits to existing and prospective clients. This is a fantastic role at the forefront of the business, and we're looking for candidates with a background in product development and continuous improvement environments, with strong stakeholder management, relationship-building and communication skills.
Please note, this role is based at our Head Office in Hatfield, but travel to client sites in the UK and internationally will be required as per project requirements. We're also happy to talk flexible working!
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the assessment of new solutions within PI to meet commercial aspirations and ensure technical viability
- Supporting Ocado Technology to develop new concepts and products with technical knowledge of the Ocado Fulfilment Centre solution
- Working with stakeholders across Platform Implementation and the business to define implementation timelines, CAPEX budgets, key contractual principles
- Supporting the creation of generic and compelling presentation materials to enable Business Development team to explain new concepts and their attributes/benefits to clients
- Inputting client requirements/opportunities into the concept/product development process
- Maintaining a central database of new product attributes, availability, status and dependencies
- Updating cross-functional stakeholders on product pipeline monthly, supporting decision making processes and the understanding of product maturity and business risk
- Defining strategies for successful roll-out of new technologies/products
- Supporting successful handover into delivery alongside the Programme Management team, once new technologies are committed to a client project
- Creating generic contract schedules including detailed description of Ocado/partner division of responsibilities
- Experience of working in a product development environment
- Experience contributing to business change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Internal and external stakeholder management experience and influencing skills, with a proactive approach to relationship building
- Leadership of cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills to director level
- Proven, proactive problem solver with a logical mind, comfortable with ambiguity
- Commercial acumen, strategic thinker
- Can “make things happen”- passionate, energetic, driven and self-starting
- Ability to prioritise, with a flexible and outcome focused approach
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…