Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department within Platform Implementation, plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
This role will be responsible for the collection of products from our suppliers and delivering to our global CFCs to schedule, through management of the assigned Engineering Supply Chain logistics coordination teams.
What will you be doing?
- Monitoring service levels and compliance
- Continually reviewing processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and deliver predictable results
- Driving improvements with the supply chain
- Ensure that the department is fully supported with the right resources and complement of skill sets
- Coach & Develop team members as required
- Ensure that the team understands any changes to delivery requirements and implement any core changes within the department
- Monitor RAG reporting and mitigate all escalations proactively, identify and mitigate risk to component delivery and escalate issues to Supply Chain teams as appropriate
- Run and maintain daily reports for external distribution and internal use
- Development of delivery KPIs to ensure that all demand versus delivery schedules are met
- Report on internal KPIs on a monthly basis to Logistics Manager, identify root causes & take necessary action to address any KPIs that are not met / attained during the month
- Work with Supply Chain planning to ensure that managed supply meets collection and delivery expectations
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully informed of delivery plans and progress updates
- Prior Logistics experience in a multimodal shipping environment - either with a manufacturing entity or within a 3PL environment
- Management experience, demonstrating leadership and implementation of process improvement
- Exposure to demand forecasting and supply planning is a significant advantage
- Understanding of forecasting, stock control and Just in Time practices
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…