An exciting newly created role for a permanent PMO Analyst.
In spring 2020, we embarked upon a Finance Transformation program (called Darwin), which will deliver new business processes, new reporting, and the implementation of a new enterprise-wide Finance / Procurement system, chart of accounts, and a Target Operating Model.
Working in partnership with other transformation programmes from across the business will significantly improve the capabilities of Finance to support the plans of the company.
The next stage of our Transformation journey is the evolve phase and we are interested in hearing from experienced PMO Analysts, who would like to come and work with our fantastic Transformation Team, where you can truly add value and develop a long-term career.
The PMO Analyst will take the lead on PMO activities for a large programme; track the status of programme deliverables and milestones; programme level risk and issue co-ordination; coordination of the regular programme level reporting cycles; co-ordination of project Governance arrangements; help acquire the appropriate resources and support Project Reviews and Programme level workshops.
Here are some of the things you can expect in role:
Planning, Reporting & Control
- Build and develop a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the project managers – use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
- Update and administer the programme plan as required using management reports and the outcomes of project and board level meetings and workshops
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for weekly/fortnightly/monthly/quarterly/yearly review
- Complete and distribute monthly Steering Committee and Board level reports
- Manage the programme-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are identified, monitored and benefits realisation is tracked
- Track project costs against agreed budget
- Support the development and implementation of consistent governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Maintain the programme level risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAID) register
- Carry out assurance review processes as required by key stakeholders
- Support key stakeholders and seek to improve key reporting tasks (e.g. preparation of steering group pack, progress reporting, performance analysis and issues, risks, assumptions and dependency maintenance)
- Ensure project plans and project documentation are complete and up-to-date, as well as the programme plan
- Analytical approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to draw information out of key stakeholders to populate key project documents e.g. the plan, RAID and reporting
- Collaborative and supportive approach to getting the job done
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Able to hit the ground running
- Proactive able to work unsupervised on own initiative
- Confident and able to challenge where required
- Previous experience in a similar role in a large organisation
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Strong Excel/GSheet and PowerPoint skills
- Prince2 or P3O Practitioner equivalent
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
Desirable (in addition to essential)
- Experience in implementing document management systems/processes
- Able to bring best practice examples from previous roles
- Able to take a holistic view and apply good practice across the group
- Financial analysis
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...