Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The PMO stream sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions department, and is accountable for ensuring that the company’s standards are established, upheld and clearly defined throughout the programme lifecycle. As the business has grown at an incredible rate, this team is essential in ensuring projects are controlled, assured and supported throughout their full life cycles - these projects ranging from design, build, construction, technology integration to testing, on an international scale.
We are looking to grow our team with another PMO Lead, to provide specialist programme and project delivery expertise to our international/UK projects from a project delivery and governance perspective, developing the agreed project management methodology, best practice and processes and driving the adoption of the PMI framework across internal/external projects.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but some UK/international travel may be required. We're also happy to talk flexible working with you.
What will you be doing?
- Developing the agreed Project Management Methodology
- Developing best practice and agreed standardised processes, tools, templates and ways of working
- Driving adoption of our PMI framework and methodology across internal and external projects
- Ensuring compliance/conformance to governance (Audit & Measure)
- Monitoring the delivery of programme-level deliverables and activities against plans, challenging progress as appropriate
- Managing dependencies and conflicts
- Managing appropriate tracking control
- Assessing/evaluating information received from projects within the programme
- Ensuring that plans have been reviewed and approved against programme/project planning standards
- Providing support, coaching and mentoring on project risk management across the department
- Facilitating lessons learned
- Enforcing a structured approach to project delivery within the team to realise synergies and efficiencies where possible
- Creating, maintaining and reporting on integrated project programmes across complex large scale projects
- Lead the governance process for forums
- Regular project analysis, data and portfolio reporting
- Experience in working in a project management role and office
- Experience of working in a PMO, central planning function or governance function
- Experienced in all stages of the project lifecycle, e.g. planning, requirements gathering, design documentation, testing and rollout
- Experience of working within large scale technology transformation programmes
- Expertise in using defined programme and project delivery processes consistently over time
- Excellent numeric, analytical and Excel skills
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills at all levels
- Confidence to influence, challenge and change mindsets
- Proactive, self-motivated and problem-solving nature
- Strong attention to detail, planning, organisation and time management skills
- Strong desire and passion to collaborate with others towards a shared goal
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…