Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the CAD Services team. Working closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Development and IT through to external Architects and Structural Engineers, this team create detailed Technical CAD designs and drawings during the design phase of Ocado’s multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world.
The role of the CAD Outsourcing Coordinator is to work with external providers of outsource design services to deliver CAD tasks to the required standards. Acting as the internal single point of contact (SPoC), this role will manage the flow of work to the outsource provider(s), ensuring tasks are delivered on time and to the required quality.
What will you be doing?...
- Be the SPoC within CAD Services for the management of outsource work
- Act as the gatekeeper for outsource work, ensuring it complies with internal drafting and quality standards
- Work with Integration Engineering and Realisation Engineering to manage any queries relating to the technical content of tasks
- Work with Realisation Engineering and Planning to understand and agree priorities, and to estimate task durations
- Manage the flow of work to the outsource provider via their SPoC, providing a clear understanding of priorities and deadlines
- Understand and model the upcoming workload across CAD Services and provide the outsource provider with the necessary visibility to ramp their resource pool up or down, according to demand
- Support the onboarding of the outsource provider’s SPoC and monitor their ability to onboard and upskill technicians remotely
- Monitor and report on the performance of the outsource provider in terms of on time delivery and quality (e.g. right first time), as well as hours billed versus contracted hours
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit across AEC disciplines (architectural, structural and MEP)
- Competent use of BIM 360
- 5 years experience within BIM / Revit / AutoCAD technical roles
- Comprehensive knowledge of BIM QA/QC CAD in an AEC environment
- Good leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders
- Autodesk certification - Revit software
- Building strong working relationships with third parties
- Good technical ability relating to automation / MHE / MEP
- 2D / 3D AutoCAD
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……