Engineering Team Manager
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
In Australia, Ocado has an exclusive relationship with Coles Australia to modernise and streamline they way they operate their successful supermarket and distribution business with the implementation of our OSP system in Sydney. Ocado's unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform Coles in nation first technology that is enjoyed by consumers around the world.
Come join us as we build our new OSP site for Coles in Sydney, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most competitive consumer markets globally.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Team Manager to join our team at Ocado’s state-of-the-art, automated Mini Customer Fulfilment Centre in Sydney, your responsibilities will encompass the management of staff (Shift Engineer's, Technicians and Maintenance Shift) to allocate and prioritise the ops activities. You will develop and manage process's on site to refine how Ocado's site operates effectively and efficiently delivering a world class service that meets and exceeds safety, reliability and service standards while building a cohesive and strong engineering culture on the floor.
You will be the key lead in owning:
- Overseeing of inbound, outbound and other support teams on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support operation.
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up-skilling and training of staff, providing a positive coaching and mentoring environment.
- Training of staff in the integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs and defect reporting/resolving
- Reporting and monitoring of data capture for automation and maintenance activities
- Advance safety, quality and reliability in line with legislative regulatory standards and codes as well as Ocado's internal high standards.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical/Electrical or related field
- Experience at a management or supervisory level within an automated environment
- Good organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach
- Experience of a FMCG environment or fast paced manufacturing/maintenance, ideally with exposure to Pick/Pack environment.
- Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems.
- A strong focus on Safety, in a technical environment, and a history of developing a safety culture.
*This role will be to manage and oversee ongoing shift work, and may require your attention outside of standard business hours, as agreed.
What's on offer with Ocado
The opportunity Ocado can provide will be an Australian first, our partnership with Coles will have you hands on delivering world class technology and solutions unseen in the Australian market with the latest in AI/Robotics and the use of data to change the way Australians shop with a premium Australian brand - Coles Supermarkets.
As well as:
- Competitive Salary packaging
- Ongoing training, and development initiatives
- Career Development as Ocado expands with plans for Australia and Asia Pacific
- Stability of a global organisation in a robust and innovative market sector
- Salary packaging options with Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program and future share programs