Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
We are looking for a Platform Implementation Project Manager (PIPM) to join the Strategy & Capability function of the Programme Management department, to take responsibility for identifying and implementing optimisation and cost reduction projects, with the aim of driving improvements to client project and programme outcomes, delivering them faster and cheaper with a lower risk profile.
This position acts as a catalyst for improvement and optimisation, requiring an individual with exceptional energy and drive, analytical and project management skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with varied stakeholder groups (both internally and externally) to achieve successful outcomes.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but regular UK/international travel will be required (location of travel dependent on the project/client you are working on). We're also happy to talk flexible working with you!
What will you be doing?
- Full project lifecycle management of Director sponsored projects from an optimisation and cost-reduction perspective
- Creating and managing a pipeline of opportunities to improve project performance
- Turning opportunities into approved projects with a defined project management plan
- Preparing board papers to gain sign off for investment business cases
- Influencing and leading internal stakeholders to ensure buy-in and successful project outcomes
- Creating, managing and monitoring large scale budget, programme and specifications for a project
- Direct and indirect people management
- Maintaining and monitoring progress of the project against Ocado’s standard project methodology
- Effective project reporting, including regular reporting to Director/Exec sponsor and steering group
- Managing risks and issues within the project with updates and escalation to senior management when required
- Fostering lessons learnt with a continuous improvement approach
- Driving the pioneering and innovative environment for the team
- Creating and contributing to the company culture and Ocado values
- Demonstrable project management experience, leading large scale, complex projects in optimisation and/or cost reduction projects
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to work with large data sets, driving insights and outcomes from an analytically derived fact-base
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Ability to distill complex messages and land them succinctly
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business, including executive/board level
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times, providing leadership and motivation to the team
- Proactivity to maintain good working relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
- Degree-level educated or equivalent
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…