Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Client CFC Testing team, within the Construction & Installation department, is responsible for ensuring that all OSP software and hardware within CFCs are appropriately tested, using a common set of testing tools and methodology to ensure uniformity across all global projects. This team is therefore vital in ensuring a seamless handover to our OSP clients.
We are now looking for additional Functional Test Analysts to join the team, to take responsibility for the planning, preparation, management and execution of Business Acceptance Testing and front line go-live support on future CFCs.
This position will be based at our Head Office in Hatfield. Extensive travel to sites across the UK/internationally (with extended stays) will also be required/expected, in order to effectively support existing as well as new client contracts.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering various project reports across the project portfolio.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and business processes.
- The design and implementation of test conditions, and test cases for IT testing, MHE testing, and Business Process Testing in both a warehouse and office environment.
- Liaising with developers, business analysts and business users to derive test case information.
- Identifying, sourcing and creating required test data.
- Peer review test assets, i.e. test scenarios, test cases/scripts.
- Test case execution in various temperature environments, including MHE - Software integration.
- Raising defects in accordance with the defect management process.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of testing standards, processes, procedures and methodology.
- Provide front line go live support at customer fulfilment centres during the initial go live period of the site
- You may have come from one of two backgrounds and have the required adaptable skills to be a successful Functional Test Analyst:
- Experienced ISTQB qualified tester with a good understanding of testing processes and procedures, with previous experience including scripting/execution against complex test basis.
- Experience managing a team(s), processes and procedures in a busy environment.
- Problem solving nature.
- A proactive, innovative, self-motivated and results-driven individual.
- Strong attention to detail.
- PC literate, including MS Office, Google Docs at User level.
- A highly logical, analytical and forward thinking approach.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills at all levels.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure, and respond well to changing priorities.
- Flexible approach to travel & site visits
- UK Driving License is desirable
- Fluent Japanese and good understanding Japanese work culture
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
For more reasons to apply, please visit: Working at Ocado Group, Diversity & Inclusion at Ocado Group, Core Pillars
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…