Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate partnerships, providing the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP") as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
In Australia, Ocado has an exclusive relationship with Coles Australia to modernise and streamline they way they operate their successful supermarket and distribution business with the implementation of our OSP system in Sydney. Ocado's unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform Coles in nation first technology that is enjoyed by consumers around the world.
Come join us as we build our new OSP site for Coles in Sydney, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most competitive consumer markets globally.
What You Will Do
The Engineering Operations Manager (EOM) will manage, coordinate and lead the strategy of the Engineering Operations function of the Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) ensuring an efficient and cost-effective service to our partner Coles. As the successful candidate you will manage the Operations, ensuring close working relationships and coordination between the Engineering support, Maintenance and Reliability and the Operation Delivery as well as to optimise the availability and performance of the facility, and transformation to automation. Additionally, the EOM will set objectives for and monitor the performance of first-line managers and team leaders, focus on continuous improvement, and champion change across the site, ensuring safety, compliance and success to operations, our people, and our partner Coles.
Key performance areas:
- Overall management of Planning, Scheduling and strategy around Performance, Reliability, Asset Management & Maintenance to optimise plant, people and equipment.
- Drive change and innovation, through continuous improvement and implementation of new technology and ideas.
- Ongoing Engineering training, performance & people development, and lead a culture of safety for the site.
- Managing operational costs, budgeting, forecasting as the owner of the sites financial profitability and success
- Customer satisfaction for our key partner Coles.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan and co-ordinate Engineering Operations activities through First Line Managers, ensuring the required level of service is delivered to customers
- Maintain and improve performance levels of immediate team and coach behaviours in first line reports to maximise efficiency / effectiveness in line with site KPIs.
- Deliver a high availability level within the operation to maximise our customer experience.
- Maintain and enhance the quality systems to ensure the site’s continuous improvement in a total quality environment.
- Prepare, manage and work within the departmental budget to assist in overall achievement of targets.
- Ensure effective communications within the Operational Team, ensuring the same message is delivered across the operation.
- Ensure all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented in the warehouse in line with company guidelines and regularity bodies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical, Mechtronics or related field.
- Hands on experience with Automation and Technology integration in an industrial environment.
- A strong track record in people management, shaping culture and leading by example.
- Proven experience in managing relationships with key stakeholders - customers, consultants, internal and external to achieve successful outcomes
- A history with managing EBA's and Union orientated sites/environments.
- Advanced Programme/Project Management experienced end to end, managing planning, costs, people, and expectations in a highly technical environment.
- An innovative approach to Continuous Improvement, problem solving and development of Ocado's values on site.
- Communication Skills: - Ability to communicate at all levels, within the business and with suppliers.
- Administrative Skills: - Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain relevant information to support the business.
What's on offer with Ocado
The opportunity Ocado can provide will be an Australian first, our partnership with Coles will have you hands on delivering world class technology and solutions unseen in the Australian market with the latest in AI/Robotics and the use of data to change the way Australians shop with a premium Australian brand - Coles Supermarkets.
As well as:
- Competitive Salary packaging
- Ongoing training, and development initiatives
- Career Development as Ocado expands with plans for Australia and Asia Pacific
- Stability of a global organisation in a robust and innovative market sector
- Salary packaging options with Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program and future share programs