At Ocado Technology we design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Beyond this, we are putting the world’s retailers online, including Morrisons (UK), Kroger (USA), Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada) and ICA (Sweden). We provide an entire platform from mobile apps, website, fulfilment (automated warehouses, store pick solutions), back-office systems to delivery solutions, all crafted by our passionate team of software engineers.
As part of Advanced Technology in Ocado we are working on bringing cutting-edge research in the areas of robotics, vision systems and machine learning to production. Currently our Sort Integration Team is focused on projects that involve development of a microservice driven integration layer between different WMSs (Warehouse Management System) and an autonomous robotised arm station.
We are now looking for а GoLang Software Engineer to join our team.
As a senior member of the team your responsibilities will include:
- Understand fully the different messaging workflows and integration requirements and consult the teams on getting the best solution in place.
- Drive the new solutions design and the long term evolution of the integration layer components as a product.
- Integrate features from the research teams and evolve the integration layer along with the new Robotised Station functionalities.
- Drive the best practices regarding continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Perform effective code reviews and actively share knowledge inside the team and across teams.
- Mentor/support the more junior team members and help them grow in the profession.
- Work closely with product owners, research teams, client facing teams and others to deliver sustainable state of the art software solutions.
- Bring the platform to an easy, supportable by non-developers state.
Experience and knowledge you need to have:
- Strong GoLang hands-on experience
- Deep knowledge of microservice driven architectures
- Very good understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent understanding of tools and practices that ensure low technical dept and high software quality
- Fast learner with a passion to develop software solutions for autonomous robotic systems
- Having a positive “can do” mindset is a must
- Great communication skills and willingness to collaborate and support others in order to achieve a common goal
- gRPC knowledge and experience
- Nomad or experience with container orchestration
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.