Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department plans, configures, supplies and fits all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
The Supply Planner sits within the Engineering Supply Chain Operations team and is responsible for optimising supply plans to ensure material and finished goods are available to fulfil the demand plan, whilst minimising supply chain costs.
What will you be doing?
- Consistently delivering against agreed customer service and inventory levels, within the agreed budget
- Setting and managing inventory and planning parameters for each item, ensuring they are reviewed and optimised
- Managing key processes such as the creation of the Master Demand Schedule and running of the MRP supply plan
- Reviewing and resolving exceptions, including the development of solution scenarios and impact assessment
- Updating the supply plan in line with the agreed trade off decisions
- Generating the supply schedule by supplier
- Reviewing supplier confirmation / commitment and identifying issues
- Evaluating and developing proposals to mitigate issues
- Maintaining and reporting KPIs to support performance management along the different steps of the process and identifying areas of improvement through root cause analysis
- Continuously improving processes for better accuracy, transparency and efficiency
- Working with Engineering & Supply Chain teams to rollout new products effectively
- 2-5 years of supply chain experience, ideally within a supply planning role
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply planning and inventory management processes
- Knowledge of S&OP / operational processes and experience with ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills, capable of handling large data sets, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence decisions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment - able to multitask with proven follow-through and adherence to changing priorities and deadlines
- IT literate - Google Software Suite, MS Office applications (Inc Word, Powerpoint & Excel proficiency) and excellent organisation skills
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Management or similar
- APICS CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) or CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) or similar qualification
- Manufacturing experience is beneficial, but not essential
- Experience of working in Engineering environment
- Experience of Oracle software
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……