Ocado Group - Client Services - Center of Excellence Manager
Location: Purfleet, London
Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). Ocado Group comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com. It also provides services to a number of clients globally via it’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP")
At Client Services, as a part of Ocado Group, we are responsible for providing and operating OSP for our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
This role is within Ocado’s Client Services division and forms part of the Site Support Management team, it’s mission being “to support and maintain Ocado’s platforms wherever they may be”.
Come join us as we build our EMEA management team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced management professional with a proven background in leading IT provider operations. We are looking for someone with experience in operating services across multiple sites, across multiple clients from a single 24x7 Centre of Excellence (CoE). They will have a demonstrable track record of building highly efficient operations and teams. Service centricity, and a strong ITIL background, is key and a clear understanding and appreciation of how we ensure success for clients is paramount. Key stakeholder and client management capabilities form a significant part of the role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team in an expanding international company that is at the cutting edge of technology.
You will have direct line management responsibility for a number of Operational Services Support (OSS) specialists and designated shift leaders. The CoE will operate 24x7/365 utilizing highly skilled specialists and shift leaders. Your primary focus will be to ensure we provide continuous service operations to our clients across the local site and operations at a number of our Micro CFC’s. You will be focused on, smashing our service targets while continually seeking improvements and innovating. You will prioritize and coordinate the working practices of the CoE teams while acting as a point of escalation for senior site client engagement. Exceptional team, Service and Customer focus is vital.
What will I be doing?
- Leading, mentoring and driving the performance of your OSS specialists ensuring knowledge and capability is in line with Business demands and the introduction of new technologies.
- Contribute to the development of the business strategy, business planning and execution and should direct the preparation of centre budgets, forecasts and cost management
- Line management of a multi-skilled team including goal setting, development plans and one to one meetings.
- Building the effectiveness, productivity, and performance of the teams.
- Identifying and working to remove obstacles to the team’s productivity.
- Managing the Centre of Excellence ensuring all incidents, requests and routines are managed, updated, communicated and escalated as appropriate.
- Ensuring client expectations are managed and that all stakeholders are well informed.
- Building strong site and client relationships, establishing fluid and efficient communications and methods of escalation.
- Regularly review the effectiveness of support handover to Site Support Operations by central project teams, ensuring that appropriate reviews are being conducted and Site support leaders are taking ownership of operational services solutions in satisfactory conditions and to acceptable standards.
- Working with the Site Support EMEA leadership team to influence, shape and implement strategic plans, initiatives and improvements for the department.
- Provide weekly and monthly management and performance reports highlighting areas of success, challenge and improvement.
- Analyze the performance of the team's activities and outcomes.
- Planning and effective delivery of project/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Input to and influence the knowledge management process.
- Develop and maintain a skills matrix around team roles and objectives.
- Maintaining continuity and collaboration across Shift Teams.
What We Would Like You See
- 5 years+ experience in a leadership role within a technology service provider, Operations Centre management environment.
- Demonstrable experience of bridging the technology / service divide and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience of working in fast paced operational environments with the ability to operate in the moment, being able to prioritise, action and overcome as required.
- While managerial, this is also a Technical role and as such you should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of electro mechanical or Information Technology principles.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience within a Technical or Science or similar numerate subject.
- Significant experience in service management gained in an ITIL-based organisation. A clear understanding of the principles behind a service value chain.
- Strong KPI focus - Reporting and monitoring skills. Ability to identify and analyze process-related metrics.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with internal and external stakeholders, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- A hands-on individual who is not afraid to roll up sleeves and get into detail with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards.
- Self-motivated, able to deliver under deadlines and multi-task under pressure.
- Driven to provide exceptional customer service and team morale.
- Self-starter with a passion for personal development
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Must have a desire and passion for continual improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong background in performance management, coaching, and mentoring
What We Can Offer You
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly