Here we have a newly created vacancy for an experienced Finance Accountant. Reporting to the Senior Finance Accountant the FA (accounting) is responsible for managing the day to day transactional activities within the Logistic Services and Engineering Commercial Accounting team, supporting the financial close activities and reporting financial results.
Key responsibilities include undertaking of transactional processing activities (journals, allocations, accruals and reversal accounting entries), account reconciliation & substantiation, reporting and the production of accurate and timely financial information in line with group policies & practices. There will also be work required to be carried out for one of the UK retailers too.
You can expect to partner with Accounting SFA and leadership, Commercial and Country/Balance sheet accounting teams, broader finance team including Finance Business Partners and the external reporting teams.
We operate hybrid working and you can expect to be in our Hatfield office twice a week.
Here are some of the things you will be doing?
- Performing and reporting on ongoing and monthly accounting transactional activities including journal and allocation processing, balance sheet reconciliation & review, period close accounting and reporting on financial performance for my commercial line
- Complying with group accounting policy & practice
- Submitting for review and approval of transactional postings to support closure of the financial books (journal postings/processing, adjustments, allocations and transfers)
- Substantiating account/general ledger balance reconciliations
- Working to the general ledger close / Period End close calendar timelines
- Support the Half Year and Year End close process, ensuring that audit queries are dealt with swiftly and appropriately and audit adjustments processed in a controlled manner in with guidelines
- Partnering closely with the relevant Commercial Finance teams, including understanding the budget/forecast for the relevant mission area(s) in detail and attending stakeholder meetings as and when required
- Providing level 1 commentary on all key management account lines as appropriate and attending stakeholder meetings as required
- Liaising with country or commercial teams where appropriate to promote consistency and accuracy
- Supporting the commercial teams with transactional activities with regards to one of the UK retailers
- Supporting my team members to resolve variances and issues quickly in order to meet key reporting requirements
- Supporting country accounting activities to enable the effective running of operations and the inclusion of country results in the results of the group
- Relevant financial qualifications and understanding of relevant regulatory environments
- An understanding of core financial processes and relevant systems
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting standards & principles
- Experience in a fast-paced global environment (desirable)
- Experience in delivering great customer / user experience (desirable)
- Experience in process improvement, automation (desirable)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...