Building the next-generation grocery ecommerce suite that´s changing the way the world shops
At Ocado Technology, we’re an ambitious global company completely transforming the way the world shops with our cutting-edge AI, ML and robotic technology. With our retail partners spanning the globe, there’s a huge amount of growth and opportunity.
The e-commerce stream plays a key role in offering frictionless, convenient, and hyper-personalised shopping experiences for millions of global users across multiple platforms, in different regions, languages, currencies, and more.
You will be part of a team comprising other software engineers, a Team Lead, and a Product Manager. You will contribute to the delivery of features from conception to production in a company whose primary programming language is Java.
Based in our Barcelona office in the heart of the 22@ hub, this amazing community of 27+ nationalities offers an unparalleled culture focused on growth and learning.
Get to know us:
Some things you might work on:
- Playing a key part in the technical design of solutions to interesting problems
- Working with the team on continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Developing new systems and capabilities as well as making changes to existing systems owned by other teams
- Promoting good engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, fixing security vulnerabilities where appropriate, and other advanced quality concepts
- Participating in out-of-hours support rota where agreed
- Tech stack: Java, Python, Kotlin, Swift, Firebase, Terraform, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, ELK, New Relic, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Grafana and more
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A BSc degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
- OOP and software design skills
- Experience in Java
- Passion for developing high-quality enterprise software
- Eagerness to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding of TDD and Clean Code
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud environments
Curious about our hiring process? See here
Who we are
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
Our flexible hybrid working model enables you to combine remote and office work.
We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and a wealth of benefits that focus on well-being.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.