Ocado has built and operates a series of large, automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) to satisfy increasing demand from customers for a high-quality and reliable delivery service for online grocery orders. Ocado has signed deals with a number of international Grocers to provide them with the Ocado Smart Platform to manage their automated CFCs and supporting head office software to provide a leading online grocery business.
As a result of our growth, a Construction and Installation team has been established to support our business and develop the capabilities needed to build and install the Ocado Smart Platform for ourselves and clients across the world. As Ocado transforms there is a growing need to support multiple complex projects across new styles and sizes of CFCs.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager who is able to manage and undertake the commercial management of the Ocado’s construction projects in the UK.
What will you be doing?
- Weekly and monthly commercial reporting on a project basis and a department basis, including performance monitoring.
- Placing order management.
- Review all contracts and liaise with legal department and Project managers.
- Administer Letters of Intent and payment process.
- Review rates between projects and price checking.
- Internal cost management and develop systems for financial control and reporting.
- Assist in reducing cost, and time and improving quality.
- Internal budget management.
- Assist in Risk management and reporting.
- Develop and manage Change management controls.
- Review and develop reporting procedures within the team.
- Manage all commercial aspects of the Building Technology team.
- Supply chain management, and performance monitoring of UK construction projects including vetting and liaising with the project team and the Health and safety team.
Relevant degree level qualification.
Extensive experience of commercial management within the construction industry.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…