Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The PMO stream sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions department, and is accountable for ensuring that the company’s standards are established, upheld and clearly defined throughout the programme lifecycle. As the business has grown at an incredible rate, this team is essential in ensuring projects are controlled, assured and supported throughout their full life cycles - these projects ranging from design, build, construction, technology integration to testing, on an international scale.
We are now looking for a PMO Risk Analyst to join the team, to take responsibility for supporting risk management activities across UK and international projects and driving the adoption of agreed portfolio, programme and project risk methodologies. This role is integral in ensuring governance and consistency across projects from a risk management perspective, driving standards and best practice in order to set the wider PI function up for continued project growth on an international scale.
The ideal candidate would have some project management and/or risk management experience, with a keen motivation for developing a career in risk management.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but some UK/international travel may be required. We're also happy to talk flexible working with you.
What will you be doing?
- Risks and issues management process, tracking and reporting
- Monitoring, auditing and reporting risk and issue process compliance and quality
- Conducting project health checks
- Ensuring the use of agreed portfolio, programme and project risk methodologies
- Transition of project risk and issue logs into the new project and portfolio management tool (Planisware)
- Monitoring and reporting progress against key risk milestones, objectives and KPIs
- Communication process within the programme, ensuring communication flow in all directions covering status, progress, achievements, risks and issues as well as plans going forward
- Providing coaching and support to project teams, at initiation and throughout the lifecycle of projects, ensuring a consistent approach and sharing of best practice
- Driving risk management standards across Platform Implementation
- Maintenance of PI Corporate Risk schedule
- Conducting data analysis and validation to ensure accurate reporting and continuity
- Regular project analysis and portfolio and programme level reporting
- Interpreting and presenting the impact to the programme and portfolio
- Previous, practical experience of operating within a varied and busy Risk Management or Project Management environment
- Technically strong with good IT ability (including a minimum of a working knowledge of Microsoft suite)
- Excellent relationship management skills proven experience of building internal & external relationships, through strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times, providing leadership and motivation to the team
- Proactivity to maintain good working relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
- Project Management experience
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…