About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
About the Agile Coach role
As the Agile Coah your purpose is to equip your department(s) to deliver value increasingly effectively, efficiently and sustainably by embedding and applying agile and lean principles. You will influence leaders and teams within the stream, across engineering and product, by demonstrating the value of agile/lean principles, teaching and challenging the teams and leaders they work with.
In this Agile Coach role you will be a support for self-sustaining improvement. You will be an ambassador/guardian for our principles of Craftsmanship, Collaboration, Autonomy, Trust and Fast Learning, and grow the organisation in its understanding and implementation of agile and lean principles. You will be an independent voice who can hold us accountable
What you will be doing..
- Encourage, teach and coach Agile and Lean thinking and application. For example, helping teams and leaders to:
- visualise their workflow
- understand their customer needs to prioritise customer value
- build/maintain a healthy culture that promotes effective team working
- understand and use key metrics to understand impact/progress
- facilitate continuous improvement, transparency, self-organisation and empowerment
- Train and upskill teams with the capabilities to work effectively in an agile and lean way, ensuring that skills are embedded and self sustaining.
- Design and facilitate effective workshops to meet specific organisational needs (e.g. stream level retrospectives, strategy offsites etc.). Train senior leaders to run these independently, growing their self-sufficiency.*
- Grow Team Leaders, Product Managers and team members in facilitation and meeting design (e.g. for team health checks, planning, discovery, reviews, retrospectives).
- Run relevant training (e.g. Kanban, metrics, feedback) in line with the Learning & Development strategy.
We would love to hear from you if you have...
- Knowledge of a variety of agile/lean approaches and theory (e.g. scrum, kanban, etc.). Sound understanding of underlying principles and ability to apply these principles in a variety of situations.
- Proven communication and trust building skills.
- Experience as a development team focused agile coach.
- Proven facilitation skills.
It would also be great if you are...
- Strategic and systemic mindset. Awareness and pragmatism to know what to push when.
- Knowledge of broader parts of the agile/lean movement (e.g. systems thinking, motivation theory etc.)
- Training delivery experience
- Experience in an engineering role
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid Working patterns
- 30 days Work from Anywhere policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immgration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.