Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
We currently have partnerships in place with M&S (UK), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA Gruppen (Sweden), Kroger (US), Coles Supermarkets (Australia) and Aeon (Japan) - with plans for future growth.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Project Controller (PC) is instrumental in supporting Platform Implementation Project Managers on CFC implementation projects (physical build plus the installation of our technology/MHE equipment) for our clients.
The PC role is the heart of the project and the central point of contact - it provides support and administration in various areas (including programme and budget planning, schedule building, change control and design reviews) and requires strong organisational, communication and stakeholder management skills.
The PC is very much a ‘doing’ role and provides an excellent opportunity to develop project management skills in a pioneering and innovative environment, while building relationships at every level within the business.
The role is primarily Working from Home, but regular attendance at client site and the Ocado Melbourne office will be required, as well as working hours that align with our client counterparts.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting and working with the Platform Implementation Project Manager in all areas of the design and build of the CFC – focused on cost, timescale specification and safety of the project
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholder, ,customers and team members
- Working quickly, collaboratively and accurately to develop and maintain the Project Schedule and Project Budget
- Pulling together all sub workstream schedules, holding different teams to account and being assertive and influential when necessary
- Working with the finance team to track the overall programme budget by challenging and agreeing workstream costs
- Driving the change management process to ensure due diligence and efficient sign-off of site enhancements
- Proactively managing risks to ensure minimal impact on project outcomes
- Contributing to and helping drive sign-off of the overall CFC design
- Effectively and tenaciously resolving issues and queries for internal and external stakeholders
- Consistently delivering project reporting, including: status, actions, risks & issues
- Motivating and inspiring project team to achieve Programme Milestones
- Supporting process improvements and pushing the boundaries for continuous improvement for the greater programme management team
- Maintaining and monitoring progress against the Ocado Project Methodology
- Project management experience (ideally in a similar/transferable industry)
- Ability to build and manage complex project schedules and budgets
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels (internally and externally)
- Ability to prioritise and respond to change
- Experience delivering projects to targets/budgets and driving tasks to completion
- Stakeholder engagement experience, with the ability to influence
- Ability to create meaningful concise project reporting for a variety of audiences (client,executive level, and project internal)
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- PPM tool experience (Planisware, Oracle Primavera, etc.)
- MS Excel
***please note - due to the global nature of our client base, international travel (sometimes extensive) may be required, depending on the client and project you’re working on. This will be discussed further at interview stages.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…