We have an exciting opportunity for driven individual to join our busy Supply Chain department as Category Supply Manager. to This is a brand new vacancy so the successful individual will have a real opportunity to make this role their own!
Wine has been designated a Star category under Category Transformation due to the level of headroom that exists in the category to grow. A star category will be a category Ocado wants to be famous for and lead the market in terms of offer and customer experience.
The wine category has an extremely complex supply chain, including but not limited to:
- International sourcing, approx 98% of the category is primarily sourced from outside UK
- A complex supply base (currently circa 80 suppliers) across 2,100 skus
- Varying lead times from day 1 for 2 upto 60 days
- Sourcing is a mixture from UK stocks and direct from supplier especially Europe sourced
- High level of promotional activity and churn
- To be a supply chain expert for the wine category, and act as a link between Ocado Group and Ocado Retail.
- To manage and coordinate both strategic projects and the business issues at hand, such as leading the S&OP process with suppliers.
- Creation and overseeing the embedding of new processes to build a robust foundation for scaling up the business, with the potential to move to global Supply Chains.
- Supporting the existing team and being ready to absorb some of the day to day workload
- Line management of a small team of 2 Demand Planners.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrate a supply chain background with experience within the wine industry; understanding of different supply chain models - ex cellars, FOB etc & bonded warehousing, long lead time etc.
- Manage a set of KPIs, including availability, stock holding, customer fulfilment and purge, and to support commercial targets including sales and profit.
- Ability to managing UK stock holding, both within the Ocado network, suppliers and off site third party.
- Resilience & ability to resolve complex issues, creating business solutions and achieve implementation
- Systematic organised approach with ability to multi task and handle a high volume of work
- An analytical thinker who enjoys multi-tasking and problem-solving
- A love for creating systems and processes that lead to increased efficiency and clear visibility across relevant teams
- Great attention to detail and an inquisitive nature, ready to question where something might be wrong or could be improved
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground-breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.