We require a UK Payroll Helpdesk Team Leader to deliver the accurate and timely processing of Ocado UK payroll through effective leadership. Ensuring the payroll team is working to SLA's and delivery of the annual payroll calendar.
The UK Payroll Team Leader will provide support to the Payroll and HR teams and will be based in the Hatfield office. The successful candidate will have a sleeve rolled up attitude and will be the "go to specialist" with experience in improving process's and operational standards across the various payrolls.
This role is pivotal to supporting the UK new starter experience, including on-boarding, weekly / Lunar & Monthly payrolls and the seamless.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced in processing UK Payroll and will need to also have a good work ethic and a professional attitude
What you will be doing?
- To assist the Global Payroll Manager in ensuring that the Group’s payroll function is “best in class” and that all payroll processes are robust and the control environment is strong
- Manage external payroll relationships and continually monitor the service provided and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Responding to internal and external questions and queries in a timely manner
- Direct management of the accurate and timely processing of all salaries and benefits for employees within Ocado Group.
- To lead, motivate and coach the payroll team to deliver agreed SLA's across the business through providing a consistent, timely and cost-effective service to our internal colleagues.
- Provide leadership to the team through periods of change
- Liaise with stakeholders within the business
- Ensure the payroll team and systems comply with the latest legislative requirements
- Ensure the payroll team adapt a customer focused approach with all transactional enquiries and assist in the completion of the final year end reports
- Liaise with HMRC on matters relating to PAYE procedures
- To assist in the maintenance of effective internal, external and SOX audit controls in relations to business payroll processing, completing the necessary reporting and documentation
- Lead contacts on payroll impacted projects, internal and external audits and be the source of expert advice for the payroll team and wider business on all aspects of payroll processing and legislation including offshore legislation
- Maintain a strong relationship with the payroll provider
- HR and Payroll knowledge is essential
- A strategic thinker and a hands-on manager of a small team
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in your approach to improving and providing effective and efficient support of all HR activities
- Being able to meet tight deadlines and the ability to understand complex procedures.
- Must have a high level of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail under pressure & working with high volumes
- Customer-centric approach & focus on a positive experience for candidates & employees alike
- Excellent written skills, the ability to draft/make amendments to contracts & communicate internally & externally
- Able to motivate and sets stretching and ambitious targets for themselves, ensuring excellent delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate and build relationships effectively with key stake holders at all levels across the business – internally and externally.
- Highly organised with a natural ability to prioritise.
- Flexibility and the willingness to learn.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...