Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation the Integration Engineering Specialists (within Product Application Engineering) ensures all of the physical elements of our OSP fit together within the building. Working closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Specialists and IT Infrastructure through to external Architects and Structural Engineers, the Integration team create detailed Technical 3D CAD models during the design phase of Ocado’s multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world.
As a Technical Design Integrator you will take designs from concept and turn them into detailed engineering reality. You will provide design solutions as to the integration of MHE to MHE and MHE to Building structure and M&E Services to support the global delivery of cutting edge warehouses around the world for our clients.
What will you be doing?...
- Responsibility for the detail design solution (post concept) and accountable for ensuring that all elements integrate together such that all elements fit within the defined space, with each other, and can be constructed and maintained.
- Integrate internal and external drawings for complete systems, sub-assemblies, etc. Ensure all drawings and designs are fit for use and free from interference clashes between Ocado’s and all other parties’ elements. This role will be the owner of the project design solution Integration and is the point of escalation for design issues.
- Iterate the design process with internal and external parties as required.
- Ensure concepts and design ideas are translated into engineered system designs, adhering to application and system requirements.
- Operate to the document control process, and ensure compliance to it, including drawing structure, layering and naming conventions, updating as required.
- Work with the development teams, core system and application teams to deliver acceptable designs and solutions within time-critical environments.
- Planning and execution of work packages delivered on time to the project scheduled milestones to a high-quality standard.
- A design discipline to HND or Degree level or other relevant qualifications
- A background in either Industrial Architecture (warehousing/distribution design would be an advantage), Structural Engineering (preferably experience with Steel Mezzanine structures) or Mechanical Engineering (preferably experience in MHE in the FMCG
- Industry with experience in a design engineering department)
- Proficient in both Autodesk Revit 3D and AutoCAD 2D (Inventor and/or Solidworks experience will also be considered)
- Ability to identify and implement improvement and development opportunities
- Understanding of related design principles
- Ability to build and maintain a strong working relationship with colleges, contractors and key customers
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware
- The ability to carry out engineering and/or structural calculations
- Operate change management during engineering documentation updates, to ensure that configuration control is maintained, and best practice/lessons learned are recorded and shared effectively amongst peers
- Understanding and knowledge of Building M&E Services
- Trimble (Google) SketchUp knowledge
- Google Docs and/or MS Office knowledge
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……