Data Science Team Lead.
London/Hatfield based. (3-4 days WFH per week)
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture
About the role:
This role is to lead one of the data science teams responsible for the algorithms behind the ecommerce systems in Ocado’s Smart Platform. The team is distributed across multiple development centres, and data scientists are seated in development teams to work closely together with engineers. As a Data Science Lead, you will organise our team of mostly Data Scientists and will be accountable for the outputs they provide.
- A strong data science background including solid coding skills, ideally Python
- Good knowledge of traditional ML techniques including recommender systems and deep learning (Machine learning deployment)
- Knowledge of building DS solutions end to end, from discovery to production and maintenance
- Experience of coaching and developing others
- Cultivating a team environment which is innovative, motivational, highly-productive and setup for rapid change
- Able to lead sophisticated research projects
- Skilled in collaboration both within and between teams/departments
- Experienced in Agile e.g. Kanban and Continuous Delivery
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme(various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection(can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance(3 x annual salary)
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices