Ocado Group is a UK based technology company that provides end-to-end online grocery fulfilment solutions to some of the world’s largest grocery retailers and holds a 50% share of Ocado Retail Ltd in the UK in a Joint Venture with Marks & Spencer. Ocado has spent two decades innovating for grocery online, investing in a wide technology estate that includes robotics, AI & machine learning, simulation,
forecasting, and edge intelligence.
The company is evolving and growing fast, globally, within the context of a fast evolving industry and IR landscape as well. Joining the IR team offers an exciting opportunity to assist the company in shaping its continued engagement with its valued external stakeholders at this transformative time.
This role will offer a full range of experience across all IR functions from helping prepare financial statements around the reporting calendar, engaging with both buy-side and sell-side market participants, gathering consensus, and delivering timely and appropriate information and insight on the company’s financial and non-financial (ESG - environmental, social, governance) performance and strategy to the market.
So what will you be doing?
- The IR analyst will collaborate with and support the Head of IR in engaging with a broad set of external and internal stakeholders.
- Supporting preparation of results, and other market communications: Notably, full year, half year, and quarterly results, liaising with relevant internal stakeholders to assist in preparing relevant materials (annual report, releases, presentations) and supporting documents, as well
as on other event specific releases
- Updating Ocado consensus model for changes in analysts forecasts, to help ensure that company guidance is well understood or follow up is scheduled where required
- Summarising and analysis of relevant sell side notes on Ocado, peers and the wider sector for dissemination to key stakeholders in the business (inclusive of executive team and Board)
- Acting as a key point of contact for ad hoc broker, analyst and investors enquiries
- Support the Head of IR in hosting investors events such as site visits and other meetings
- Helping to monitor developments in the share register and in ongoing efforts in investor targeting
So what would we like to see?
- Relevant experience in an analytical role in investor relations, capital markets, finance or advisory
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to tell a clear and compelling story through both written statements and presentations to effectively present the company’s equity story
- Commercial acumen with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong stakeholder management skills; able to listen, communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues from across the business
- Confidence in dealing with people at all levels (internally and externally)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and proactively reprioritise deliverables as required
- Experience or understanding of grocery retail and / or technology related sectors and business models would be advantageous
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
For more reasons to apply, please visit: Working at Ocado Group, Diversity & Inclusion at Ocado Group, Core Pillars
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….