Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain Operations department within Platform Implementation plans, configures, supplies and fits all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
The Engineering & Supply Chain Analyst sits within the Engineering Supply Chain Operations team and is responsible for the generation of insights through analytics and reporting to support planning and decision making.
What will you be doing?
- Extracting, manipulating and analysing data to provide critical management information reports or dashboards, to enable decision making on the key questions facing the engineering and supply chain team
- Providing concise and clear suites of reports to senior stakeholders, to improve the quality of decision making within the department
- Writing code via SQL in Oracle and Google BigQuery to extract appropriate data from related databases and datastores
- Problem solving individually and with the analyst team as our business grows rapidly, prioritising based on the highest value when solved
- Working collaboratively with both external and internal teams and stakeholders to drive quality and efficiency
- Liaise with external partners to understand data requirements and develop and test solutions.
- Investigating ad hoc queries and troubleshooting problems, and developing tools as required, to support other teams in supply chain complete their daily work and projects
- Publishing and reporting on supply chain’s core KPIs
- Supporting the MRP planning team in trade-off analysis
- Becoming an expert on our systems and processes in order to consult on developments required to continue Ocado’s growth
- Working to ensure a consistent approach to reporting and tool chain that as far as practicable is consistent with other areas of the business
- You'll be an accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-function, fast-paced environments. Ocado is growing fast and so is the demands of the business
- Demonstrable methodical and structured train of thought
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Articulate and persuasive - you will be able to explain complex ideas and data findings to key stakeholders
- Analyst with SQL experience working with Big Data preferred
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……