Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com* and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate partnerships, providing the Ocado Smart Platform (“OSP”) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP consists of access to Ocado’s physical infrastructure solutions, efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, end-to-end proprietary software applications, and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary, and industry-leading technology are set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Sobeys to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in Canada through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
As a Maintenance Technician, you will provide first response to engineering fault conditions, both reactive and planned maintenance activities, as well as being involved in continuous improvement projects within our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFC).
Day to day, your role may involve:
- Carrying out electrical and mechanical planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training have given
- Perform assembly and sub-assembly repairs by following written work instructions, blueprints, and schematics
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and action repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyze data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed in a safe standard
- Communicate in the English language with site teams and the UK periodically
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks, and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in automation hardware and software
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, or technical trade school, or advanced training in maintenance is required
- Experience carrying out electrical or mechanical maintenance to include predictive and preventive planned maintenance
- Working knowledge of the English language
- Experience diagnosing and documenting equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and handling repairs
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Excellent organization skills, able to prioritize
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so you need to be comfortable working at heights
- Flexible to working a shift based pattern including nights and weekends
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days, nights, and weekends.
This position is located in the Pointe-Claire, QC
What We Offer
- Paid Vacation and Sick days; Paid personal time per year and 10 public holidays.
- External Health Care includes Coinsurance at 90%, prescriptions, Paramedical, and other services.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Vision Care available; Dental Care 100% basic, 80% preventative
- Pension Plan; 100% match up to 6% of earnings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
Learn about our partnership with Sobeys:
- Ocado seals new international tie-up with Sobeys in Canada
- A sneak peek at the future of grocery automation in Canada
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.