“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
What does the team do
The Group IT team are focused on providing technology services which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
Working within Group IT, you will have responsibility for the installation and maintenance of all the IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure within Ocado's data centres, server rooms and Operational facilities. Manage PPM visits, review RAMS, assess operational infrastructure risks.
What would I be doing?
- Installation and commissioning of new server/network/storage equipment, hardware swap-outs and component replacements.
- Asset management of all associated infrastructure.
- Managing/maintaining the Data Centre facilities including power, cooling and overall capacity.
- Undertake planned, reactive and corrective maintenance tasks as requested. Schedule PPM visits, review RAMS, reporting of all completed work orders, follow up on corrective actions.
- Document, monitor and enforce operational standards. Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact and probable causes/ mitigation opportunities.
- Arranging orders and deliveries with external suppliers and consultants, including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
- Work with implementation teams to properly test and validate the installation, operation, and performance of newly delivered facilities.
- The role will require domestic travel to visit sites.
- The position may require international travel to visit sites.
- The role will need to be part of an on-call rota.
- May require work in the evenings and weekends on an ad-hoc basis.
What we are looking for
- In-depth understanding of mechanical and electrical equipment/design related to data centres (Including but not limited to: UPS, generators, main distribution switching, Rack PDU, automatic/static transfer switches, air conditioners and fire suppression systems.
- Proven experience of working with critical infrastructure within enterprise-scale data centres including the design and delivered functionality
- Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail and maintain high-quality standards
- In-depth understanding of RAMS process, identify the risk and work towards mitigation. Work closely with 3rd party service providers to plan preventative and corrective visits
- Evidence of ability to work both independently and with little supervision, as well as in a team. Possess a high level of initiative
- Experience using DCIM software, configuration, and data analyses
- Ability to fault finds using various Fluke testers for network and fibre troubleshooting
- Have excellent IT skills, covering the use of collaboration tools like Jira, Office suite
- General housekeeping to maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Enthusiasm and Passion for excellence
This would make you stand out from the crowd
- Prior experience in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- SNMP protocol understanding
- Previously working with DCIM/BMS software like Data Centre Expert
- 17th Edition / 18th edition would be a plus
About Ocado Technology
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
Find out more about how we are pioneering the future through serial technology innovation here.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid Working patterns (varies depending on your role/team)
- 30 days Work from Anywhere policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.