“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
What does the team do
As part of the Inventory Recognition team at Advanced Technology, we perform rapid end-to-end research and development of machine vision systems to optimize robot system operations and ensure our customers get the right items, in great condition, every time.
What would I be doing?
- Exploring machine vision solutions for inventory recognition and defect detection
- Implementing novel computer vision and machine learning systems to ensure our customers get the right items, in great condition, every time.
- Contributing to the selection, development and maintenance of the tools we need to deliver these goals - from vision hardware selection to model training pipelines
- Working with colleagues to deliver a reliable production system, meeting high quality standards
- Collaborating with peers across our department in the field of Vision and AI
We'd like to hear from you if you have...
- Experience in designing and implementing parts of production ready machine learning solutions for computer vision (including data pipelines, training models, CI/CD pipelines etc.)
- Knowledge in data analysis for feature selection and data cleansing
- Excellent software engineering skills and the ability to write clean, reusable code
- Demonstrable experience developing software in Python
- Familiarity with common software development practices
- Knowledge on containerization tools and techniques (Docker)
Bonus points if you have…
- A passion for robotics and machine learning with PhD/MSc or similar expertise in computer vision
- In depth knowledge on vision hardware (sensors, calibration technics, configuration tools etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD tools e.g. Gitlab pipelines or similar
- Practical experience using cloud services and tools e.g. AWS, GCP
- Experience working on production systems
About Ocado Technology
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
Find out more about how we are pioneering the future through serial technology innovation here.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid working patterns meaning part of the working week can be spent working remotely (typically 3 days per week). However, your working pattern will depend upon your role/team).
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements. Please assume you have been unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks.