We have an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to join our busy Live Sites team and play an integral part as a Logistics Project Manager.
You'll manage for a portfolio of assigned projects and will be responsible for planning, organising, and directing the completion of those projects while ensuring they maintain the programme, stay on budget and within the identified scope.
You will also have the opportunity to lead and support diverse teams during the concept and feasibility stages, through to delivery and handover of a project.
Projects range from:
- Small, one off facility optimisations and new fulfillment product deployments or upgrades
- Mitigation of live CFC and Spoke productivity constraints and non compliance issues
- Developing designs for network expansions and capacity growth, infrastructure and automation solutions & sustainability initiatives.
- Business critical refurbishments
- Decommissioning of obsolete / retired installations & equipment
- Design, Install & Testing of new Turnkey solutions
- Project managing the design stream through the development cycle to ensure the design or solution supports the business requirements of programme, throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving value for money
- Develop ideas & initiatives with Stakeholders into deliverable projects across our growing portfolio of UK sites & operations
- Work alongside multiple internal teams to deliver newly identified "Must Have" projects
- Create, manage and monitor Programme, Budget and specifications
- Drive progress of assigned projects against defined project deliverables and programme
- Coordinate risks and issues with regular reporting and escalation to senior management and project sponsors & Stakeholders as required
- Collate and monitor lessons learnt and use to make recommendations for improving Business area processes and best practice
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experienced in managing small and large scale, multi-disciplined and complex projects in an agile working environment within Logistics, e-fulfilment, manufacturing or similar FMCG environment
- Analytical mind-set along with strong numeracy skills to enable you to grasp some of the complex fulfillment solutions and processes we use to deliver our retail offering to customers
- Experience of creating detailed business cases to ensure the project will deliver value for money against the requested scope and requirement
- Ability to plan, organise and communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to adapt to different stakeholders, customers and situations
- A desire to drive continuous improvement and step changes in project delivery methodology
- Experience with AutoCAD / SketchUp
- Familiarity with HS&E and Construction Design Management 2015 regulations, guidance applicable within an automated warehouse and cross docking environments
- Familiarity with automated, large scale pick and ship operations
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground-breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.