Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated and pioneering technology led solution. Forming exciting new business partnerships with leading retailers around the globe, our Ocado Smart Platform solution (OSP) brings together innovative technologies such as our highly automated warehouses, we call them Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs), with market leading software such as our highly efficient routing engines and supply chain forecasting systems, to enable our partners to deliver exactly what their customers want and change the way the world shops.
As an Analytics Consultant, you will be working alongside our commercial team to support our existing and prospective market-leading clients around the globe, playing a key role in enabling key decisions to be made and ultimately new Ocado Smart Platform deals to be signed. You will need to gain analytical insight into client data, and combine this with a strategic understanding of the market to develop suitable proposals for network evolution.
You will ideally have significant consultancy experience in an analytical setting, with a track record of driving big decisions consistently over a number of years. Alternatively, you may be a seasoned Senior Analyst or someone with experience in a similar role, preferably having worked for a large retailer or within a consultancy environment. In either case, some exposure to Network Planning is a key requirement
What will you be doing?
- Consulting with client and Ocado commercial team stakeholders to fully understand their needs and requirements, with occasional international travel involved
- Providing the highest standard of bespoke analytical and strategic insight into the evolution of multi-billion dollar client delivery networks
- Producing compelling presentations which make the complex simple, and delivering these in a professional and outgoing manner
- Negotiating deadlines with stakeholders and prioritising in accordance with the resource available
- Building influential relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, gaining trust in the ideas and recommendations you propose to them
- Challenging existing client assumptions and preconceptions where appropriate, presenting well-founded and logical arguments for alternative solutions
- Keeping up to date with the latest OSP product developments across the business, and seeking opportunities to apply these to the benefit of clients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical abilities and clarity of thought
- Experience with SQL or other relevant database querying alternatives
- Highly skilled in the use and application of Tableau or similar data visualisation software
- Enjoy working with clients and other stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills resulting in effective delivery
- Drive to deliver results
- Attention to detail coupled with vision, initiative and creativity
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.