Ocado has built and continues to operate a series of large, automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) to satisfy customers’ increasing demand for a high-quality and reliable delivery service for online grocery orders in the UK. Ocado licenses the technology that powers our UK operations (Ocado Smart Platform) to international grocery retailers looking to improve their online offering. Over the past five years, Ocado has signed OSP deals with some of the most prominent grocery players in the world.
Over the last two years, the Group Transformation team has worked with teams across the business to embed the Mission-led Group Operating model.
While the team will continue to support functions in the ongoing optimisation of the model, their role will evolve to one of Enterprise PMO to help bridge the silos in our organisation, ensuring that strategic plans and objectives are tied to the execution work that brings those plans to life. The Enterprise PMO team will work with the Strategy Team and PMOs to align strategy and execution with clear deliverables.
What will you be doing?
- Support the implementation of frameworks and best practices to enable effective management of the portfolio of programmes within our accountability.
- Monitors the progress of tasks against timelines and budgets, advising Project and Programme Managers where activities are behind schedule or over budget
- Completes quality assurance of project plans and logs to ensure information is complete, up to date and in line with standards.
- Collates, consolidates and analyses project information to produce reports, status updates and commentary.
- Produces and facilitates the production of stakeholder updates, insights and decision support materials
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting materials for the Portfolio PMO and Heads of Delivery.
- Ensures accurate maintenance of portfolio reports and dashboards
- Analyses financial data, including project budgets, risks and resource allocations
- Supports optimisation, deployment and onboarding of resources across programmes and projects
- Maintains accurate data on resources and resourcing availability
What would we like to see?
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Portfolio or PMO Analyst role
- Good attention to detail, good relationship management skills, and a good understanding of financial management.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Self-motivated and proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Financial analysis or experience of Power BI & SQL would be advantageous
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.