Due to an internal promotion we are seeking a Finance Manager to join us on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager (SFM) in the Commercial Accounting team, the Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Commercial Accounting teams within Finance Excellence with the support of the Senior Finance Accountants (SFAs).
In this role you will be accountable for:
Delivering period end for nominated mission areas and ensuring the production of accurate and timely financial information
Collaborating with the Commercial Finance business partners to ensure accuracy of financials
Supporting in half year and year end accounting and audits
Ensuring the teams adhere to group policies & practices
Identify areas for continuous improvements and support in delivering approved initiatives
Being a point of escalation, review and approval for the team under their responsibility
- Relevant financial qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and understanding of relevant regulatory environments
- Good understanding of core financial processes and relevant systems
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting standards & principles,
- Experience in a fast-paced similar sized environment
- Experience in delivering great customer / user experience
- Experience in process improvement, automation (preferred)
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Effective management of stakeholders (expectations) and possesses the ability to build trusted relationships
- Ability to constructively challenge ways of working and foster improvements to drive efficiency
- Have a mindset of owning and driving personal development plans
- Support others to develop; improve their technical & soft skills and their understanding of the business
- Ability to build and produce effective analysis & insight to support decision making
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...