Ocado Group is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We architect and build groundbreaking, game-changing technology solutions. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. We are writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do.
About the team
This role is within Ocado’s Client Services division. Client Service’s mission is “to support and maintain Ocado’s platforms wherever they are deployed”. Supporting our clients around the world in a consistent way is essential to our long-term relationship with them; and to our commercial success. The Client Services teams provide all of our Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) clients with wide-ranging remote and local support for their platform; so they can deliver their retail customer promises every day.
What would I be doing?
As an Analyst you will specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency and growth opportunities within the businesses of our OSP Clients, directly impacting their commercial decisions and enhancing the shopping experience for hundreds of thousands of end customers around the world. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping across all elements of the OSP platform, from the website to the robots which power our CFCs.
You will be helping to answer questions such as “What is the cost to our OSP Clients of a late customer delivery?”
You will also be helping to drive our profitability whilst continuously improving the services we deliver. Your insights will have a direct contribution to Ocado’s long term goal of changing the way the world shops.
- From day one, you will be working with cross-functional partners to support our clients’ global operations, by ways of building KPI dashboards, ad-hoc data pulls, and business reviews
- Partner with other teams to identify trends and opportunities in driving growth for our OSP Clients
- Partner with Ocado Technology to identify and close gaps in data feeds
- Problem Solving, with our department and business growing rapidly, and with even bigger growth plans ahead, new challenges and insights will develop for you to tackle
- Leading investigations into understanding trends and patterns in the performance of our autonomous robots and associated systems
- Creating data to represent Client Services’ objectives and interests to other functions (e.g. Product Continuous Improvement)
- Project Management and Support. Whether it is your own idea or a project managed by another department, you will be involved in supporting different projects across the business
What We Would Like To See:
- Accomplished analyst with experience working with Big Data, ideally with 2 or more years analytical experience
- 2.1 degree in a STEM subject or equivalent work experience in a quantitative role
- Comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical senior management and key stakeholders
- Extensive experience with data analysis and visualisation tools (e.g. SQL, Excel/Google Sheets, VBA/AppScript, Data Studio/Tableau/Looker)
- Analytical thinker who can break down complex problems
- Able to use data to create compelling stories and achieve positive outcomes
- Tenacity to follow ideas and problems through to resolution
- Experience adapting to a fast-changing environment
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
Although this role will be based primarily at our Head Office in Hatfield, we will be able to offer flexibility with regards to work location and working hours.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.