“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
What does the team do
We build the systems that power the supply chain activities of our retail partners using OSP around the world. As high-profile, mission critical applications, these require rigour, creativity, and engineering prowess to succeed.
Working within the Supply Chain & Planning department, we’re looking for someone to work with the other members of the team by contributing to the discovery and implementation of features from conception to production. The new team member will join the team building systems to recommend what stock retailers should order from their suppliers, considering predicted customer demand, current stock levels, product expiry dates and supplier constraints to make their customer service and efficiency levels the best in the world.
What would I be doing?
- Part of a team of: 5-6 engineers, a Team Lead and a Product Manager.
- Contributing to the discovery and implementation of features from conception to production.
- Playing a key part in the technical design of solutions to interesting problems.
- Working with the team on continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Developing new systems and capabilities as well as making changes to existing systems owned by other teams.
- Participating in out of hours support rota where agreed.
- Promoting good engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability and other advanced quality concepts.
- Contributing to the open, supportive, and dynamic culture of the team
What are we looking for?
- Is able to work with limited information, ambiguity, and uncertainty, knowing the right questions to ask.
- Has proven commercial Software Development Background with a focus on successfully delivering great products.
- Has proven Java Skills (ideally Java 8+)
- Understands the value of continuous integration, continuous delivery and strives for a high level of automation.
- Can make a positive impact on the open, supportive, and creative culture of the team.
This would make you stand out from the crowd
- Experience with Spring Framework.
- Has experience implementing new architecture with scale.
About Ocado Technology
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
Find out more about how we are pioneering the future through serial technology innovation here.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid Working patterns (varies depending on your role/team)
- 30 days Work from Anywhere policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immgration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.