Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The PMO stream sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions department, and is accountable for ensuring that the company’s standards are established, upheld and clearly defined throughout the programme lifecycle. As the business has grown at an incredible rate, this team is essential in ensuring projects are controlled, assured and supported throughout their full life cycles - these projects ranging from design, build, construction, technology integration to testing, on an international scale.
We are now looking for a Business Analyst to join the team, to take responsibility for the administration of our Project Portfolio Management software - driving improvements to data models and analysis tools, developing insight into project performance, defining improvement opportunities and playing a critical role in the development and support of the PPM tool.
As our client base and number of projects grows, this position is integral in ensuring projects run smoothly with detailed reporting, project efforts are analysed and budget/forecasting cycles are managed with effective budget modelling.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but some UK/international travel may be required (location of travel depends on the project/client you are working on).
What will you be doing?
- Conducting administration tasks related to Ocado’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software package including data management, user account management, user support, tool development, and interface management
- Extracting, manipulating, analysing and presenting complex data to provide critical business insights, reports, and dashboards
- Using detailed analysis to proactively create a pipeline of opportunities to improve project performance
- Developing clear reporting suites and preparing documents, tailored to various stakeholders
- Creating clear and compelling presentations that demonstrate outcomes and benefits for various stakeholder groups
- Writing code via VBA, SQL, or google scripts to extract appropriate data, maintain, or develop data models and analysis tools
- Maintaining the PPM documentation by reviewing usability, applying version control, monitoring access rights and documentation storage
- Distributing information to project team members, PMO staff members and other stakeholders in the workplace who are or will be affected by the PMO's projects
- Creating and contributing to the company culture and Ocado values
- Advanced expertise in Excel / Google Sheets skills
- Experience coding in VB or VBA, and google scripts
- Solid experience in data analysis
- Ability to work with large data sets, driving insights and outcomes from an analytically derived fact-base
- Ability to work with a variety of data sources, identify incomplete or inaccurate data, identifying root causes, understanding discrepancies and leading the resolution
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…