At Ocado, we are on a mission to change the way the world shops. Having developed a unique end-to-end operating solution for online grocery retail, we have been undergoing a period of rapid growth both in the UK and internationally.
We are looking for an experienced Regulatory and Compliance Counsel to join our Governance, Risk and Compliance team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the team on a broad and diverse range of domestic and global regulatory, compliance and ethics programmes and key regulatory issues. This is an exciting opportunity to support the rapid internationalisation of the Ocado Group (Ocado).
So what will you be doing?
- Support and advise the business on domestic and international compliance and regulatory matters, ranging from e-commerce digital law, fire, health and safety, food and product safety, procurement and third party risk, customs requirements, CSR and environmental legislation, automation, robotics and AI.
- Advising on CSR compliance and reporting obligations including ESG, Modern Slavery and SECR;
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes which impact Ocado both in the UK and globally.
- Advise the business on existing and new global regulations; carry out territory research; support and liaise with the commercial legal team, project teams and stakeholders in new ventures, initiatives and business opportunities; assist with developing guidelines, operating procedures and governance frameworks.
- Liaise with the Technical Policy and Compliance and Health, Safety & Environment teams to support and advise in relation to Ocado’s Primary Authority relationships.
- Conduct internal investigations, monitor compliance issues and deal with regulatory enquiries, investigations and enforcement.
- Develop and deliver training to business functions on various regulatory issues.
- Review, draft and advise members of the Legal team on regulatory and compliance requirements and clauses in commercial contracts and construction agreements.
- Where appropriate, work closely with and instruct external legal counsel on global regulatory matters
What would we like to see?
- An experienced and qualified solicitor with approximately 7+ years post qualification experience (but this does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE), including compliance/regulatory professional experience
- Ideally, will have an excellent level of domestic and cross border regulatory legal experience in the technology and automation sector.
- Internationally minded with previous experience working in a global company understanding the nuances of operating in a global environment.
- Can work to deadlines and manage competing demands from various stakeholders.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels from hands-on operational workforces to senior management.
- Can work collaboratively with various members of the Legal, Governance and IP function on various matters including domestic and global projects, transactions and investments.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…