IT Service Assurance Shift Manager
We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. We are writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Shift Manager with a proven background in Operational support and incident management to work in our Service Assurance Operations Centre. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team in an expanding international company that is at the cutting edge of technology. The Ocado Smart Platform is our new modular and scalable solution for building our automated warehouses which we will use to put some of the largest retailers around the world online using our disruptive business model.
We operate 24/7 365 and so this is a shift based role. You will have direct line responsibility for your shift team comprising Incident Management and Service Assurance Specialists. Your primary focus will be to prioritize and coordinate the day to day working practices of the Incident Managers and Service Assurance Team dealing with competing customer demands whilst working with the other Shift Leaders to provide shift continuity and exceptional customer service.
What will I be doing?
- Leading, mentoring and driving the performance of your response team ensuring knowledge and capability is in line with Business demands and introduction of new technologies.
- Line management of a multi-skilled team including Development plans and one to one meetings.
- Managing the capture and processing of incident tickets and requests within the Service Assurance Operations Centre ensuring all incidents are managed, updated, communicated and escalated as appropriate.
- Managing customer expectations during Incident including both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating/creating an incident response team for high priority incidents.
- Working with the Service Assurance Manager to influence, shape and implement strategic directions for the Service Assurance teams.
- Provide monthly incident response performance reports.
- Analyse the performance of Service Assurance activities and resolutions, identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service provided.
- SLAs and KPI management and adherence.
- Planning and effective delivery of project/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Input to and influence the knowledge management process.
- Management of the movers, leavers and joiners processes including new user orientation.
- Develop and maintain a skills matrix around team roles and objectives.
- Maintaining continuity and collaboration across Shift Teams.
- Managing issues that might impede team effectiveness.
What will I have been doing?
- Previous experience in a leadership role within an Operations Centre managing both a Major Incident Team and Service Desk teams in a highly technical and Agile environment.
- Technical background and educated to degree level or equivalent within a Technical or Science or similar numerate subject.
- Significant experience in Change, Major Incident and Problem Management gained in an ITIL-based organisation. It is expected that the post-holder will have relevant ITIL qualifications.
- Strong KPI focus - Reporting and monitoring skills. Ability to identify and analyse process-related metrics.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- A hands-on individual who is not afraid to roll up sleeves and get into the detail with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards.
- Self-motivated, able to deliver under deadlines and multi-task under pressure.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.