Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering Supply Chain department is responsible for orchestrating technical design, sourcing and product engineering for global OSP implementation.
We are looking for a Lead Engineering Supply Chain Coordinator, in this role you will ensure that delivery schedules meet business requirements, satisfying multi-site demands in a transparent and timely manner and communicating with suppliers and internal customers.
This role is based at our head office in Hatfield, but may require travel to sites in the UK/internationally as per project requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure local and International delivery schedules remain on plan and meet customer requirements.
- Monitor and manage manufacturing supplier production outputs and match them to individual site requirements.
- Proactively engage with manufacturers and realisation managers to ensure shipment dates and quantities are met and match the site requirement and demand plan.
- Dealing directly with 3PL and 2PL providers, build on relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum response and meet agreed service levels.
- Work with internal departments and (overseas) offices to ensure timely clearance of product shipments through U.K Custom.
- Manage and maintain MRP process to ensure transparency.
- Continuously improve processes to improve accuracy, transparency and efficiency.
- Ensure agreed customer service levels are met.
- Raise purchase orders, follow up, check deliveries against invoices and associated administrative processes.
- Maintain KPIs and report regularly.
- Effectively lead and manage all team members.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software.
- Understanding of forecasting, stock control and Just in Time practices.
- Highly numerate and proficient in Excel with demonstrated analytical skills.
- Proficient in administrative and clerical duties.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…